Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda offers a variety of payment options to suit student needs. Our tuition includes 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified training, 8 weekends of lodging at Dragonfly Yoga Barn Studio & Retreat center, all meals, and program manual.
A $500 Non-Refundable deposit is due upon acceptance to hold your place in the program. You may pay in full in advance of the program by August 7th, 2018 for a discounted rate of $3,350. Monthly financing plans are available and are subject to change as fees are updated. Payment designs for 2018: 2018 YTT Payment Plans
Training Resignation & Refund Policy
We understand that life can offer a series of challenges; any participant who wishes to resign from the training program must do so in writing to the Program Directors. If a letter is not received in writing informing us of your intended resignation from the program you will forfeit any refund amounts.
Tuition payments will be refunded as per the below schedule:
- During Weekend #1: Tuition minus non-refundable $500 deposit and any *materials costs.
- Between Weekend #1-2: Tuition minus $1,000 and non-refundable $500 deposit and any *materials costs.
- During Weekend #2 and between Weekend #2 and 3: Tuition minus $1,500 and non-refundable $500 deposit and any *materials costs.
- After Weekend #3: There are no refunds for withdrawals after three months of classes.
*Materials costs include course manual ($100) and may include books and other items.
Participants wishing to be reinstated to the program after submitting a resignation in writing may do so with permission of the director. However, depending on the week of resignation, the tuition fee will be pro-rated and a $250 re-enrollment fee applied. Any missed hours will need to be made up at the discretion of the lead instructor.
Class Participation and Attendance
Participants at Dragonfly Yoga are expected to establish and continue a personal yoga practice outside the classroom. Weekly presentations such as lectures; discussions, demonstrations, and reading materials are powerful tools in learning and will help the participant grow psychologically and physically. At the end of the course the participant will be able to reflect upon and appreciate the hard work he/she exerted toward certification.
This program is based on a corresponding agreement between the Dragonfly Yoga Teacher Training, the National Yoga Alliance, and enrolled participants. Professionalism, attendance, and the completion of all required assignments are important elements of professional behavior. All course requirements must be complete in full within 6 months of finishing the training weekends. After 6 months, there will be an added fee of $250 to review any outstanding coursework. After one year, we are unable to offer certification, and students wishing to gain certification will need to repeat the program at their own expense.
Participants are expected to attend all training classes. If illness or an emergency arise and prevent a participant from attending a class, he/she is expected to contact the faculty member assigned to the class. All contact information for faculty members will be given on the first night of class, this information can also be found on the course syllabus. Students who miss training hours are expected to make up the course material and may be required to enroll in extra workshops at their own expense to gain the necessary contact hours to graduate.
Frequent absenteeism from classes without sound reason suggests lack of commitment; therefore, the Program Directors will explore a participant’s competency to continue in the program.
Make Up Policy
Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda is an RYS registered with Yoga Alliance and requires that trainees complete all 200 hours of the teacher training to receive certification from our program. We understand that sometimes conflicts arise, and we have developed the make-up policy to guide students and teachers in the event of missed hours, whether due to tardiness, illness, or other circumstances. Please note that you can miss a maximum of 25 training hours (equivalent of one weekend module), and you will have 6 months from the last day of your program to complete your attendance requirements. If you miss more than 25 hours or do not complete your make up hours within 6 months, you will not receive the passing status required to grant certification in a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour training program.
You have the following options for making up your missed time, and these need to be arranged with your Program Director & Lead Teacher prior to your making up missed hours:
- Schedule a private session with your trainer to determine what curriculum was missed and to discuss and outline how to make up missed hours. The cost of a private session ranges from $75-$100 per contact hour, depending on whether there is asana instruction or not, and will happen outside of a regularly-scheduled training weekend.
- If workshop hours were missed (anatomy, chant, kriyas, philosophy, or other guest teacher presentations), the student is required to make up all hours at his/her own expense within 6 months of the training end date. Lead Teachers and Program Director must sign off on all makeup hours in order to count make up hours for 200-hour certification. YA requires contact and non-contact hours in five different categories of instruction, and each trainee is responsible for acquiring the minimum number of hours in each category in order to be eligible for certification from a 200-hour TT program. These workshop hours can be made up at other studios and with other teachers if they are not required “contact” hours with the lead teacher. How to make up hours and where will be determined with the student’s lead teacher in a private session at the student’s expense.
- If a student misses practice teaching during a training, s/he is required to make up the practice teaching hours in the presence of a Lead Teacher at her/his own expense at the hourly rate of the teacher (listed above) and/or by practice teaching for an audience of students in the presence of an approved teacher outside of TT hours and within 6 months of the training end date. *If another training is in session at Dragonfly during this time frame, the trainee may make up hours at a future training at no extra charge. If Dragonfly hosts a workshop or specialty class that fulfills the missed curriculum needed for a trainee to complete the program, a student is welcome to participate for YTT credit at his/her own expense.
- Program Director and lead teacher must approve of all make up hours completed with other teachers, in workshops, at other studios, online, practice teaching, etc. in order for hours to be counted towards certification. Program Director has the right to refuse hours not deemed appropriate for Yoga Alliance certification or for Dragonfly Yoga, specifically.
- In the event a Dragonfly Yoga trainee misses required hours, both the student and Lead Teacher must sign and date appropriate documentation and attach the make up plan so both parties have a clear checklist of what needs to be completed in order to make up specified hours.
The above policies were created for Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda to support and protect all students, teachers, and facilitators in our training programs.