Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda
300-Hour Advanced YTT
(for 500 hour certification)
with Katie O’Connell, E-RYT 500, AHP, AYS and esteemed Faculty
Our 9-month retreat-style program begins in 2023!
Our next 300 program begins in September 2023! We have a minimum enrollment of 10 students to run this program.
Advanced Studies Program at Dragonfly Yoga is for students and teachers who have already completed their 200-hour training and are interested in deepening their own practice and developing their skills as a practitioner and as a teacher. The program is designed for those who are already yoga instructors, but you do not have to be teaching currently to apply, nor does your intention need to be that you will teach post graduation from the program.
Many students participate in a foundational 200-hour yoga teacher training to both develop and deepen a personal practice but may or may not begin to teach upon completion of a 200-hour program. Whether you have decided to teach or would prefer to continue deepening your own practice, the Advanced 300-hour TT offers a continuum for those students seeking more practice, greater depth, and a broader teaching skill set, as well as the opportunity to further integrate what was offered in your 200-hour training. There are many students who choose to enroll in advanced trainings who never go on to teach, just as there are students from various schools of yoga study who come to the 300 ready to develop their asana practice, sharpen their ability to cue, assist, and mentor their students in practice. The Advanced Studies Program/300 YTT is both challenging and nurturing, allowing each student, regardless of personal intention, the support needed to become a more dedicated practitioner and helping each student to hone their ability to practice safely and diligently, communicate clearly, see each student as an individual, and to integrate the principles of the 8-limbed practice in one’s life.
The Advanced Studies Program/300 YTT serves to ignite as well as deepen one’s exploration and understanding of Yoga. Dragonfly uses the specific categories designated by Yoga Alliance, so that those who choose to can register under the YA:
Techniques, Training, and Practice Teaching
Anatomy & Physiology
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics
In addition to the above YA standard subject areas, Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda systemically weaves in the study of Ayurveda as a body, mind, and spirit medicine by offering the Ayurvedic principles through lifestyle and seasonal routines, meditation, diet, yoga asana and appropriate pranayama practice for each individual practitioner. Katie is a practicing Ayurveda Health Practitioner and leads annual retreats to India, so what you learn regarding Ayurveda is an integrated part of our training, rather than a single module or lesson.
And the very cool thing is that the Dragonfly Yoga Advanced Studies Program includes entire weekend immersions in some of the most popular types of yoga including: Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, and a beautiful Thai Yoga Techniques module steeped in Anatomy and the Subtle Body, principles of Assisting students, and layering in of Sanskrit and Yoga Philosophy, meaning you leave the program ready to offer Restorative and Yin classes, as well as learn how to conduct private appointments with your clients and students to best serve their yoga mind, body, and spirit!
The following is a comprehensive but not exclusive list of topics covered in the Advanced Studies Program/300 YTT at Dragonfly:
- Asana: deepening our understanding of foundational poses, adding advanced postures, variations, modifications, intelligent use of props, as well as aesthetics vs. embodiment and appropriate alignment for each body, etc. This includes how to offer private yoga sessions for individuals and special populations.
- Meditation: Developing and/or deepening your own personal practice.
- Mindfulness Practices you can teach to your students.
- Bhakti Yoga, Mantras & Chanting
- Functional Anatomy, Subtle Body Anatomy (chakras, nadis, koshas), and Nervous System
- Art of Teaching: Finding Your Authentic Voice & “Taking Your Seat”
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers & Practitioners
- Art of Sequencing
- Art of assisting and the “no correction” adjustment
- Ayurveda Principles, Practice, and Self Care. Teaching Dosha-specific yoga classes.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and Sanskrit
- Specific Modules & Immersion weekends (some study areas subject to change w/ faculty): Heart Based Meditation, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Ayurveda immersion, Thai Yoga Techniques for Assisting & Supporting students.
- Monthly Zoom calls to share experiences, progress, and to receive mentoring.
- Personal Teaching Project: An opportunity for students to dive into a topic of choice, create a new workshop or class series, or deepen your studies in a specific area. Projects will be shared with peers.
Application Process is now underway. Space is limited to the first 14 students who apply and are accepted to the Dragonfly Yoga Advanced Studies Program.
Ready to commit? Apply now!
Or, to join our email list to receive updates and info, click here:
Cost of The Program
*Program Fee: $5,495. Graduates of Dragonfly’s 200-hr training are eligible for $300 off our Advanced YTT. Limited spots available.
*Payment Plans are available upon request.
Program fees INCLUDE: program TUITION, all weekend LODGING in our beautiful dorms at Dragonfly, ALL MEALS during on-site training*, all workshops and lectures with visiting faculty and esteemed guests, 9 months of complimentary studio classes (in person and online) throughout the training, as well as training manuals. Some modules may be available to 200 Hour Teachers who want to expand their knowledge in a particular discipline. Preference is given to those who register for the complete training.
Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda is a Yoga Alliance registered school at both the 200 and 300 (500 RYT) level.
Completing the 300 DYATT allows candidates to register with the Yoga Alliance at the 500 Hour level.
Training Requirements: ✓ Completed a 500-hour teacher training with a RYS 500, OR
✓ Completed a 200-hour teacher training with a RYS 200 AND an additional 300 hours of training with either the same RYS or a different RYS registered as a RYS 300
Teachers can register as a RYT 500 if they have successfully completed a 500-hour yoga teacher training that is registered with Yoga Alliance. The 500 hours of training can either come from one school or can be a combination of a 200-hour training plus 300 hours of advanced training from a different school. Advanced training is defined as training that requires participants to have completed a 200-hour training prior to beginning the Advanced program.