with Katie O’Connell & Leslie Jose
Adventures in Spirit, Maui, Hawai’i
3 Rooms Left!
November 11 ~ 18, 2021
Leslie & Katie have been leading “Adventures in Spirit” locally on Squam Lake and in NH for years, and now they are taking it to the magical mountains and waters of Hawaii! A long-time dream in the making, these two dear friends are planning a magical experience that pairs their love of Yoga, Reiki, Ayurveda, and Nature, and adds the excitement and wonder of Hawaii.
Your Retreat Leaders
First and foremost, Leslie and Katie are soul buddies who love to spend time together in Nature, share practices like Yoga, Reiki, Ayurveda, and Massage, and gather with other amazing humans who are adventurous, compassionate, and intrigued by the natural world. They have paired so many times with these common interests as a thread that neither of them can count the moments of joy, laugher, and expansion they have shared on the water, in the forest, or co-leading workshops in sacred spaces. Together, they create opportunities for joyful gathering, personal growth, and ways for all of us to nurture our soul. Thus began their shared endeavor: Adventures in Spirit. Please read more about Katie and Leslie on the “Bio” tab of this retreat page.
Enjoy 7 nights, 8 days at Hale Akua Garden Farm & Eco-Retreat Center
Our retreat is located in the beautiful natural landscape of Hale Akua, a wonderful organic farm and eco-retreat center in the jungle outside of Haiku, Maui. Overlooking 30 miles of untouched coastline from high up on a cliff edge, our retreat boasts magnificent views of the turquoise blue sea and a gorgeous waterfall. Check out this short video to see our retreat from the air, glimpse the garden pathways, see the expansive organic farm, and the cliff some of our lodgings overlook!! The center includes a pool, yoga room, common area spa, several private hot tubs, an infrared sauna, free WiFi, and so much more! This will be our oasis, and our “Adventures in Spirit” home for the week. Check out these beautiful pics Hale Akua sent us to give you a sense of our retreat paradise!
Our adventure on Maui includes so much more than we can list here! From sunrise to sunset, expect days full of wonder, beginning with meditation and yoga each day, to amazing fresh local food, traveling through some of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet, textures, colors, and a cultural experience that will only truly be understood once you are in the midst of this unique opportunity. Maui is literally overflowing with epic waterfalls and streams, beaches that range from golden sand to black volcanic rock where lava met the sea, jungles that spread over vast gulches, and skies that seem to go forever! Check out this gorgeous photo Leslie took in April of this year!
Here’s a glimpse of what Leslie and Katie have planned for you!
- Lodging on a beautiful organic eco-farm retreat overlooking ocean vistas and endless skies of Maui’s North Shore. Rooms range from modest to luxurious, rates beginning at $2,995 per person in a shared triple room and up, depending on the level of luxury and privacy you want!
- Our very own private chef, whose joy and passion will nourish us with the most beautiful breakfasts and dinners!
- Early morning fresh fruit before yoga
- Two fun dinners out on Leslie & Katie to give you a feel for the local fare and flair!
- Daily yoga classes, group meditation, cultural programs and events with Katie & Leslie
- Access to the pool, multiple hot tubs & spas
- Glorious tropical gardens, gorgeous pathways and fountains on site
- Incredible ocean and waterfall views from our retreat venue
- A fun swag bag made with love by Leslie & Katie
- And, of course, our ADVENTURES!
- The infamous Road to Hana where the views will astound at every turn!
- Swimming in the waterfalls & stopping at secret beaches
- Group trip up the world’s largest dormant volcano, Haleakalā, a 10,000 foot mountain whose name means “the house of the sun,” where we will watch sunset over the entire island, oh my!
- Iao Valley & West Maui Mountains day hike, river dip, and ocean plunge!
- And more that we can’t fit on this page!
- All adventures, classes, and programs are optional. Do as much or as little as you like!
Check out this slideshow of landscape photos from Leslie’s recent return to Maui!
WHAT’S NOT INLCUDED:
- Travel Insurance (Here’s one we recommend: TRAVEL INSURANCE)
- Incidentals & Souvenirs
- Adult beverages and extra snack food (we cover 7 breakfast and 6 dinners, so you can snack, shop for ready-made treats or lunches, visit farm stands and food huts!
- One dinner out on your own, depending on where one of our adventures leads us…TBA!!
- Transportation from / to the airport on arrival and departure days (45 min. to the retreat)
- Rental car (prices vary, beginning at $400/wk); sharing with friends makes this an inexpensive way to roam on your own to town, to the beach, etc.
- Extra adventures you want to try and squeeze in on your own!
RATES: Package rates include your room choice, 2 amazing meals per day, all yoga classes, program & cultural enrichment, daily adventures in spirit and unique group excursions! All of the inclusions above!! Rates begin at $2,995 for a triple shared room and up
- Double occupancy rooms range from $3,150 ~ $4050
- Single occupancy rooms range from $3,950 ~ $5,750
- Triple occupancy rooms range from $2,995 ~ $3,250 (very limited & we suggest you room with friends in these rooms)
- Quads range from $2,900 ~ $3,000 (very limited & you must arrange your own quad)
We will be setting up a gallery with photos of each room and amenities offered. There is a WIDE range of rooms to fit all tastes and budgets. In order to hold a room, you will need to complete the registration form and make your non-refundable $1,000 deposit. We will help you make the best room selection for your tastes and budget 🙂
Rooms are based on a first-come basis, so register soon!! We will be posting a gallery you can click on to see amenities in each room and its capacity for guests and bed configurations. In the meantime, feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org to ask!
REGISTER NOW! Click HERE
ROOM GALLERY ~ Sample of our rooms which vary from modest to luxe! We will have a more detailed list of room by room details and amenities from the retreat center very soon, custom made for our group so you can click on a room to see its details. In the meantime, please peruse more accommodations photos here: accommodations
All room selections and retreat bookings happen via Dragonfly Yoga and not on the Hale Akua website. They are holding most of the retreat rooms for our group, but there are also private accommodations on site that are not a part of our retreat booking. Please email Katie directly: email@example.com when you are ready to select your room to find out what accommodations are available at the time of your booking.
Map of our beautiful retreat center & eco farm!
TRAVEL & Arrival Information
- Please book flights that arrive to Kahului Airport on Maui (Airport code: OGG) during the day on November 11, 2021. Both American Airlines and United Airlines have flights departing from Boston at 6 am on 11/11/21 and arrive on Maui between 3 and 3:30 pm. This gives you ample time to rent a car, drive the 45 min. trip to the retreat, and settle in before our group meeting at 6 pm followed by dinner @ 7.
- Please book departure flights for November 18th, 2021, unless you are adding days to your vacation which we wholeheartedly suggest you do! Guests must check out of the retreat no later than 11 am to avoid a fee for late check outs–they do enforce this charge. Make departure flights based on retreat end time & check out of 11 am, and give yourself plenty of time to drive to the airport! Or stay on Maui a few extra days and explore other parts of the island!
- Purchase travel insurance for your trip. Depending on your coverage, trip insurance covers flights, luggage, health and injury. We highly recommend, especially given Covid and any possibility of travel restrictions.
- You are responsible for making your way to the retreat center on your own. We strongly suggest renting a car at the airport. This gives you lots of freedom while on Maui to explore local beaches, hop to town to get souvenirs, and for your comfort on our group excursions. Renting with a friend or two makes this a super affordable opportunity! There are lots of car rental companies at the airport, making it easy for you to choose the type of vehicle and budget you prefer.
- Consider packing snacks for your journey. Flights are lengthy, and as you know, most flights do not include meals. Consider purchasing a meal at the airport to bring on the plane with you. We will serve you dinner at the retreat on our first night together!
REFUND Policy, Terms & Conditions
Our policies are firm and ask that you carefully consider your ability to attend this retreat. We will be walking, practicing yoga, driving to the top of a 10,000 ft mountain, traveling on roads that wind close to cliff edges, and swimming in waterfalls! It will be an adventure!
For this reason, we strongly suggest every participant has both health and travel insurance. Dragonfly Yoga Barn, Peace of Mind Reiki & Massage, their owners and teachers are not responsible for your health prior to, during, or after this trip, and we want to make sure you are prepared and fully responsible for yourself. We strongly suggest you are fully vaccinated prior to this trip. Hawaii may (or may not) require vaccinations by the time of this trip, so please consider carefully for the sake of travel ease and safety.
We have a NON-refundable deposit policy. This allows us to hold our retreat center, hire our amazing chef, and plan the details of our trip with the confidence of your attendance. While we know “life happens,” these policies are firm and support the entities engaged in creating this special event for all of our guests. Please purchase travel insurance to protect your investment.
Please read, complete, and agree to each of the following documents.
TRAVEL Terms & Conditions
REQUIRED FORMS & DOCUMENTS
- Registration Form: Click Here
- Terms & Conditions: Click Here
- Current Passport (and any current medical forms required for traveling at that time. Please read Covid Protocol & Hawaii Safe Travel Program below:
Covid Protocol & Hawai’i Safe Travel Program
Traveling these days is new territory for many of us. Concerns of Covid-19 and varied requirements by different states and countries can seem complicated, but it is getting smoother and more consistent every day. To support the highest possible health and comfort for each guest in our group, we have listed travel requirements of the State of Hawaii.
The Safe Travel program the State of Hawaii implemented to manage the Covid-19 situation has strict requirements; please read the link below and check the site closer to travel dates for any changes or updates. So far, the Safe Travel Program has been very effective with minimal Covid-19 numbers on Maui, and the Department of Health is quite strict. Here are the details: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/travel-overview/
Thank you for choosing us as your guides. We look forward to meeting you in paradise for adventures that will awaken and nourish your body, mind, and spirit on one of the most magical islands on the planet!
Mahalo (in gratitude)
~Katie & Leslie~
Photo of Ganesh in the Hale Akua gardens by Leslie Jose, 2021.