with Katie O’Connell & Leslie Jose
Adventures in Spirit ~ Maui, Hawai’i
November 11 ~ 18, 2022
1 ROOM LEFT!!
Leslie & Katie have been leading “Adventures in Spirit” locally on Squam Lake and in NH for years, and they are returning to the magical mountains and waters of Hawaii for another magical experience that pairs their love of Yoga, Reiki, Ayurveda, and Nature.
Your Retreat Leaders
First and foremost, Leslie and Katie are soul buddies who love to spend time together in Nature, share practices like Yoga, Reiki, Ayurveda, and Massage, and gather with other amazing humans who are adventurous, compassionate, and intrigued by the natural world. They have paired so many times with these common interests as a thread that neither of them can count the moments of joy, laugher, and expansion they have shared on the water, in the forest, or co-leading workshops in sacred spaces. Together, they create opportunities for joyful gathering, personal growth, and ways for all of us to nurture our soul. Thus began their shared endeavor: Adventures in Spirit. Please read more about Katie and Leslie on the “Bio” tab of this retreat page.
Ready to book your place in the retreat?
Enjoy 7 nights, 8 days at Hale Akua Garden Farm & Eco-Retreat Center
Our retreat is located in the beautiful natural landscape of Maui’s North Shore, on a wonderful organic farm and eco-retreat center in the jungle outside of Haiku, Maui. Overlooking 30 miles of untouched coastline from high up on a cliff edge, our retreat boasts magnificent views of the turquoise blue sea and a gorgeous waterfall. Check out this short video to see our retreat from the air, glimpse the garden pathways, see the expansive organic farm, and the cliff some of our lodgings overlook!! The center includes a pool, yoga room, common area spa, several hot tubs, an infrared sauna, free WiFi, and so much more! This will be our oasis, and our “Adventures in Spirit” home for the week. Check out these beautiful pics of our retreat paradise, sent by our hosts!
Here’s a glimpse of our 2021 Hawaii Adventures in Spirit Retreat!
WHAT’S INCLUDED (with some options):
- Lodging on a beautiful organic eco-farm retreat overlooking ocean vistas and endless skies of Maui’s North Shore. Rooms range from modest to luxurious, rates beginning at $3,000 per person in a shared triple room and up, depending on the level of luxury and privacy you want!
- Our very own private chef, whose joy and passion will nourish us with the most beautiful breakfasts and dinners!
- Daily Sunrise Puja for Mother Earth
- Early morning fresh fruit and yogurt before yoga
- Daily yoga classes, group meditation, cultural programs and events with Katie & Leslie
- Access to the pool, multiple hot tubs & spas
- Glorious tropical gardens, gorgeous pathways, and fountains on site
- Incredible ocean and waterfall views from our retreat venue
- A goody bag made with love by Leslie & Katie
- And, of course: ADVENTURES, some included and others are pick and choose!
- Swimming in the waterfalls & stopping at secret beaches
- Group trip up the world’s largest dormant volcano, Haleakalā, a 10,000 foot mountain whose name means “the house of the sun,” where we will watch sunset over the entire island, oh my!
- Visiting a local sanctuary for a time of deep reflection, energy work, and healing.
- Option to hike the Iao Valley & West Maui Mountains, overlooking the island and coastline.
- Option to drive the Road to Hana where the views will astound at every turn!
- Surprises along the way!
- All adventures, classes, and programs are optional. Do as much or as little as you like!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel Insurance (Here’s one we recommend: TRAVEL INSURANCE)
- Incidentals & Souvenirs
- 2-3 dinners, adult beverages and extra snack food (we cover 7 early am breakfasts, 7 brunch/breakfasts, and 4-5 dinners), meaning you can investigate a couple of the local restaurants, amazing food trucks, markets, and food huts!
- Transportation from / to the airport on arrival and departure days (45 min. to the retreat)
- Rental car (prices vary, beginning at $500/wk); sharing with friends makes this an inexpensive way to roam on your own to town, to the beach, etc.
- Extra adventures you want to try and squeeze in on your own!
RATES: Package rates include your room choice, 7 early breakfasts (pre yoga) and 7 buffet breakfasts after yoga, 4 amazing dinners (2-3 on your own), all yoga classes, program & cultural enrichment, daily adventures in spirit and unique group excursions! All of the inclusions above!!
- Double occupancy rooms begin at : $3,150 and up
- Single occupancy rooms begin at: $3,950 and up
- Triple occupancy rooms begin at: $3,000 (very limited & we suggest you room with friends in these rooms)
- Quads begin at $2,900 (very limited & you must arrange your own quad)
There is a WIDE range of rooms to fit your needs and budget. In order to hold a room, you will need to complete the registration form and make your non-refundable $1,000 deposit (per person). We will help you make the best room selection when we chat by phone! For those registering after July 31st, full cost of trip is due in full.
Rooms are based on a first-come basis, and sell out quickly, so register soon!! We hope to post a gallery you can click on to see room types, amenities, and occupancy. In the meantime, feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org to ask or call Katie: 603-707-7529 for more information.
ROOM GALLERY ~ Sample of our rooms which vary from modest to luxe! Please peruse our retreat’s accommodations photos here (note: availability is on first-registered basis): accommodations
All room selections and retreat bookings happen via Dragonfly Yoga. The retreat is holding most of its rooms for our group, but there are also private accommodations on site that are not a part of our retreat booking. Please email Katie directly: email@example.com when you are ready to select your room to find out what accommodations are available at the time of your booking.
Want to learn more first? Fill out our Inquiry Form here to learn more and connect with us to ask questions.
Map of our beautiful retreat center & eco farm!
TRAVEL & Arrival Information
- Please book flights that arrive to Kahului Airport on Maui (Airport code: OGG) the day before or by 3pm on November 11, 2022. You will need ample time to rent a car, drive the 45 min. trip to the retreat, and settle in before our group meeting at 6 pm followed by dinner @ 7.
- Please book departure flights for November 18th, 2022, unless you are adding days to your vacation which we wholeheartedly suggest you do! Guests must check out of the retreat no later than 11 am to avoid a fee for late check outs–they do enforce this charge. Make departure flights based on retreat end time & check out of 11 am, and give yourself plenty of time to drive to the airport! Or stay on Maui a few extra days and explore other parts of the island!
- Purchase travel insurance for your trip. Depending on your coverage, trip insurance covers flights, luggage, health and injury. We highly recommend, especially given any possibility of travel restrictions.
- You are responsible for making your way to the retreat center on your own. We strongly suggest renting a car at the airport. This gives you lots of freedom while on Maui to explore local beaches, hop to town to get souvenirs, and for your comfort on our group excursions. Renting with a friend or two makes this a super affordable opportunity! There are lots of car rental companies at the airport, making it easy for you to choose the type of vehicle and budget you prefer.
- Consider packing snacks for your journey. Flights are lengthy, and as you know, most flights do not include meals. Consider purchasing a meal at the airport to bring on the plane with you. We will serve you dinner at the retreat on our first night together!
REFUND Policy, Terms & Conditions
Our policies are firm and ask that you carefully consider your ability to attend this retreat. We will be walking, practicing yoga, driving to the top of a 10,000 ft mountain, traveling on roads that wind close to cliff edges, and swimming in waterfalls! It will be an adventure!
For this reason, we strongly suggest every participant has both health and travel insurance. Dragonfly Yoga Barn, Peace of Mind Reiki & Massage, their owners and teachers are not responsible for your health prior to, during, or after this trip, and we want to make sure you are prepared and fully responsible for yourself. We strongly suggest you are fully vaccinated prior to this trip. Hawaii may (or may not) require vaccinations by the time of this trip, so please consider carefully for the sake of travel ease and safety.
We have a NON-refundable deposit policy. This allows us to hold our retreat center, hire our amazing chef, and plan the details of our trip with the confidence of your attendance. While we know “life happens,” these policies are firm and support the entities engaged in creating this special event for all of our guests. Please purchase travel insurance to protect your investment.
Please read, complete, and agree to each of the following documents.
TRAVEL Terms & Conditions
REQUIRED FORMS & DOCUMENTS
- Registration Form
- Terms & Conditions: Click Here
- Current Passport (and any current medical forms required for traveling at that time. Please read Covid Protocol & Hawaii Safe Travel Program below:
Covid Protocol & Hawai’i Safe Travel Program
Traveling these days is still new territory for many of us. Concerns of Covid-19 and varied requirements by different states and countries can seem complicated, but it is getting smoother and more consistent every day. To support the highest possible health and comfort for each guest in our group, we have listed travel requirements of the State of Hawaii.
The Safe Travel program the State of Hawaii was implemented to manage the Covid-19 situation and had strict requirements; it is concluding on March 25th, 2022, meaning there are no longer restrictions for domestic travel to Hawaii. Please read the link below and check the site closer to travel dates for any changes or updates. The Safe Travel Program has been very effective for Hawaii, and thus they are relaxing restrictions to allow for freedom of travel for US Citizens. Here are the details, subject to change: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/travel-overview/
Thank you for choosing us as your guides. We look forward to meeting you in paradise for adventures that will awaken and nourish your body, mind, and spirit on one of the most magical islands on the planet!
Mahalo (in gratitude)
~Katie & Leslie~