Ayurvedic Cleansing with Dragonfly!
Detox, Revitalize, Nurture, and Renew
Your Body, Mind, & Spirit
May 1 ~ May 22
SPRING CLEANSE: Sunday 5/1 ~ Sunday 5/22
With a KICK-OFF ZOOM : Sunday, May 1st @ 11 am
(will be recorded)
And a NEW ADDITION TO THE CLEANSE!!
3 recorded yoga classes, one sent each week, for you to enjoy a home practice! $45 value for FREE!
Our Ayurveda SPRING cleanse gives clients an opportunity to clear stagnant Kapha energy, clean out the channels of our digestion and elimination by rooting out toxins in our bodies and processed foods in our diets, lose those stubborn winter pounds, create and learn how to sustain a healthier diet and lifestyle, clean and clear our physical spaces of clutter, and navigate our way back into physical, emotional, and spiritual balance after periods of stress or illness.
When was the last time you gave yourself the gift of a healing retreat in your own home?
REJUVENATE your BODY, MIND, and SPIRIT.
NURTURE yourself with wholesome, healing foods.
Practice SELF CARE with Ayurvedic oil massage & oral care.
SLOW DOWN to meditate and RENEW your energy with daily yoga & exercise
You’ve been waiting for this!
A SPRING Cleanse is for you if you need to cultivate or restore any of the following things in your life:
- A sense of calm to the mind and the nervous system.
- Clarity and grounding in the mental, spiritual, and emotional spheres.
- A wish to nurture an improved sense of energy and vitality.
- Support sound sleep.
- Promote regular elimination.
- Help re-establish your natural state of balance.
- Prepare your organs and tissues for deep nourishment and rejuvenation.
- Promote optimal health.
3 week guided experience: $222
Jump in now and save your spot!
THE GROUP FORMAT: Participating in a group cleanse can offer you just the tools you need to re-organize, set healthy intentions, and enjoy the support you need from a group leader and fellow cleansers. We have 4 LIVE Zoom Sessions (will be recorded), and 22 daily posts by Katie which are offered on our private FB page (or sent to your email if you are not on FB).
WHY, HOW OFTEN, & HOW TO: Many people cleanse annually, although it is recommended in both Spring and Fall to help you maintain optimal health year round. The traditional Ayurvedic cleanse is a 15-28 day commitment (we choose 21 days) with a mid-cleanse mono diet of Kitchari or dahl with yummy Indian spices. Along with ghee, fresh fruits, cooked veggies, appropriate spices, and whole grains, the Spring Ayurvedic cleanse is grounding and wholesome without being heavy, and it supports body, mind, and spirit, making it a sustainable and a healthy option for almost everyone. We get to dive into the first colorful greens of the season, and we learn about the importance of when to sauté our greens and veggies to make them easier to digest, as well as when it is good to enjoy raw fruits and veggies, based on the season, specific weather, and time of day. The “Active” Kitchari phase of the cleanse is easy, soothing, and allows for creativity, depending on your personal needs. Some of us will even add an intermittent fasting component to really clear out our systems and reboot our metabolism!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
With 22 days of written and interactive guidance by Katie as you move through the 3 phases of the cleanse, 4 live, interactive Zoom meetings to share experiences & progress, fun recipes, Ayurvedic wisdom, and lots of support, you will love this cleanse!
- WEEK 1: “Scratch The Surface” ~ This is also what we call the “Preparation Phase” of the cleanse, where we begin to scrape away not only the toxic parts of our diet and lifestyle, but also to begin to investigate patterns, cravings, and even dietary boredom. Here you also enjoy an introduction to Ayurveda, including the 5 Elements, the principles of seasonal eating, the 3 Doshas, and more!
- WEEK 2 “Dig Down Deep” ~ Also referred to as the “Active Cleansing” portion of our experience, here is where we take it a step deeper and commit to simplifying the diet, rooting out the toxins that create systemic imbalance in our body & mind, and allowing ourselves to ground into the support that Nature offers us freely each and every day.
- WEEK 3: “Emergence” ~ This phase might be everyone’s favorite, but it’s also a time to stay close to the trunk of the tree and take solace in group connections as your new leaves emerge and you begin to flourish anew! The Re-Integration Phase is fun, playful, and empowering!
Your Guide: Katie O’Connell, E-RYT 500, Ayurveda Health Practitioner, Spiritual Mentor Participating in a cleanse is an act of love for your body, mind, and soul. It’s important to work with a practitioner who can help you understand the balance of these three amazing parts of your being and guide you in ways that increase your own awareness and wisdom along the way. Katie has been following the path of Ayurveda for nearly 20 years, but it wasn’t until 2015 that she pursued her degrees in Ayurveda & Yoga and as a Ayurveda Health Practitioner. Since then she has led numerous Ayurveda cleanse retreats to India, as well as twice annual group seasonal cleanses here at Dragonfly for the past 7 years. Katie teaches Ayurvedic self care to help you optimize your cleanse experience, and she shares her growing list of recipes, along with her knowledge of plants and spices to help you create and sustain a love of food, cooking, and seasonal eating for well being. Our cleanse is wholesome and grounding but also clearing, energizing, and supportive to your mental, physical, and spiritual well being. Katie honors her primary Ayurveda teachers: Dr. Paul Dugliss (New World Ayurveda), Dr. Shiva Marc Halpern & Dr. Marisa Jackson-Kinman (California College of Ayurveda), and Dr. Chandra Mouli Swaran Parameswaran (Coonoor, India).
OUR NEXT GUIDED CLEANSE BEGINS : May 1st, 2022!
Our cleanse includes an opening day group meeting on Zoom where you will receive instructions for your cleanse and a time to learn about Ayurvedic cleansing. The 3-week experience includes weekly Zoom meetings to keep you on track, online resources, recipes, a group Facebook support page, and lots of personal group check-ins to see how you are doing, all for $199! Please contact Katie to learn more about our SPRING Cleanse: firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 707-7529
What this cleanse will help you do:
- Restore a sense of calm to the mind and the nervous system.
- Foster both clarity and grounded-ness in body, mind, and spirit, and offer support to cleanse mental clutter, physical and energetic blockages, and to help us clear our living spaces so that we emerge clean inside-out, mentally and in our physical bodies and personal environments
- Nurture an improved sense of energy and vitality
- Support sound sleep
- Promote regular elimination
- Help re-establish one’s natural state of balance
- Prepare the tissues for deep nourishment and rejuvenation
- Promote optimal health
OUR NEXT GUIDED CLEANSE BEGINS: May 1st, 2022!
- Kick Off Zoom Meeting: 5/1/22 @ 11 am, where you will learn cleanse protocol, how to begin the detoxification process, and how to prepare for the Active Phase (week 2)
- 3 Weeks of Guidance: “Scratch The Surface”: Preparation Phase (Week 1); “Dig Down Deep”: Active Cleansing (Week 2); “Emergence”: Re-Integration Phase (Week 3)
- Daily Online Facebook Support Group (optional; for those who are not on FB, we email you the daily cleanse post)
- Weekly Zoom Meetings: Wednesdays 7-7:45 pm during the cleanse (May 4, 11, 18). Will be recorded if you can’t make it live (but sooo good to be there for the Q & A)
- Ayurveda notes, recipes, and more on FB! (sent via email if you are not on FB)
- Payment via PayPal (plus service fee) or by check for only $199 when you register on or before 4/15. After 4/15 rates go up to $222.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE at your local grocery or Banyan Botanicals:
- It is easy to buy your own supplies at your local co-op or grocery. If it’s easier for you to order ingredients online, we suggest Banyan Botanicals Cleanse ingredients b/c they are an organic company known for their integrity and high quality. Either way, you will need:
- 3 lb basmati rice
- 1.5-2 lbs split moong dahl
- 3.5 oz kitchari spices (I will teach you how to make your own)
- 8 oz ghee
- Triphala (90 tablets) or Total Body Cleanse (or similar detox herbs)
- 1/2 lb CCF (coriander, cumin, fennel) tea.
- 8-16 oz sesame oil (or organic herbalized massage oil of your choice–see link below to view the many options on Banyan). You could opt for a 4 oz sesame, a 4 oz joint and muscle oil, and a 4 oz deep sleep oil just to have a variety to try!
Once you register, I’ll send you a link if you choose to purchase your cleanse materials directly from Banyan (or see below).
WHAT WE RECOMMEND to Enhance Your Cleanse Experience:
- Stainless steel tongue scraper (you can use a spoon in a pinch)
- Sesame oil or Mint Swish for swishing the mouth
- Nasya Oil to lubricate and clear the nostrils (you can use a drop of sesame oil on your finger to lubricate the passageways–I will teach you this–the special oil is just a lovely upgrade)
**We recommend using the Banyan Botanicals “Cleanse Bundle” for the middle “Dig Down Deep“ Active phase of your 3-week cleanse. If you would like to make your own ghee, simply opt out of the ghee in the bundle items, and Katie will teach you how to make your own! Free shipping! Click here to order: Cleanse Bundle
For those who would like to add on Ayurveda Self Care items, we recommend the organic 16 oz Sesame for everyone–it is a great price, and you can use it daily unless you have inflammatory skin issues. There is an Every Day massage oil as well as a joint and muscle oil (Mahanarayan), and a Sleep Easy oil that is great for those who will self oil before bedtime. Use the following links to learn more and order: Ayurveda Massage Oils
Adding an Oral Care routine to your regular brushing and flossing is also a wonderful way to take better care of your teeth, gums, and to detoxify the tissues of the mouth. My favorite is the Mint Oil Swish, and I also us my Banyan tongue scraper daily! You can read more about oral care here: Oral Self Care
To look at all of the Banyan “bundles” on one page, click HERE:
Please contact Katie to learn more about our upcoming Cleanse: email@example.com or (603) 707-7529.