Transform your life.
Deepen your practice.
Share your love of Yoga.
Our next 200 YTT begins in Oct. 2021!
APPLY NOW: 200 HOUR APPLICATION
The only thing we can count on is change…and our yoga practice, of course! Take the past year+ for example; it was a year of uncertainty for many, and when we are faced with any kind of shift, there is growth. Whether we were looking for change or not, we got it, and what better time to deepen your own practice, as well as to bring more yoga to the planet than right now. Every human can benefit from yoga and meditation, and we need emissaries like you to practice yoga and to share it far and wide! Are you ready to step deeper onto the path?
At Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda, the practice of Yoga is so much more than asana; it is a lifestyle. Here, yoga is built on the sturdy foundation and tradition of Patanjali’s Eight-Limbed Path, allowing you to cultivate a deep self awareness and encourage you to grow as a disciplined and well-trained practitioner, to deepen your practice, and then to blossom as a compassionate, insightful, inspired and inspiring teacher.
“What started as a small, flickering flame inside me has transformed into a full-blown fire! Katie and her team have a sweet, gentle, and steady way of guiding wannabe yoga teachers to their greatness. This program is not about learning how to teach yoga–it’s about finding your strengths, your voice, your gifts, and learning how to share that bright light with those around you. Simply put, the Dragonfly YTT program is a gift!” ~ Natalie
In our 200+ hour training you will not only learn conscious movement and breathing, you will become aware of the major systems of the body and how the practice of yoga is a deep and therapeutic experience for all layers of the physical realm as well as our subtle energy body. You will develop a steady practice in meditation, as well as come to understand how vital a role mindfulness plays in our lives off the yoga mat. And when we make the connection between our yoga practice and the rest of our lives, our practice is able to support us with every step that we take, in mind, body, and spirit, resulting in a soulful expression of all that we are as individuals and as a human family!
This is part of the reason why Dragonfly offers weekend retreat-style trainings at both the 200 and Advanced 300 hour level. We want you to feel like each weekend is a “coming home” to your yoga tribe–a place where you can unpack yourself and really be who you are among friends on the yoga path. We eat together, study together, and live together for one weekend a month, and this allows us to grow together, as individual trees share the same forest floor and intermingle their branches–unique and different perhaps, but integrated and supportive of each other from the roots up.
Additionally, at Dragonfly, we weave Ayurveda and Yoga back together, the way they were meant to be taught and experienced, with the Science of Life and the Science of Yoga informing and nourishing each student’s physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness. This means that our yoga teacher trainings are organized in tandem with the 5 elements, the seasons, Ayurvedic diet, and the knowledge of one’s true nature, or constitution, and how to recognize imbalances–our doshas–so that we can work to restore balance and harmony using the principles of Ayurveda alongside our Yoga practice.
” If you want to become a confident yoga teacher or just deepen your own yoga practice, Katie’s deep knowledge of yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda will provide you with the foundation to do so. This program fulfilled my highest expectations, and I couldn’t be happier with the depth of knowledge I learned during the program. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have trained with Katie and her team of experienced and knowledgeable teachers!” ~Jen Marts
All our meals are vegetarian, influenced by the seasons, largely organic and locally sourced, and are prepared by hand and served in the Dragonfly farmhouse where we eat together as a community. You will learn the key principles of Ayurveda during this training, but that is just the beginning; Katie’s experience as an Ayurveda Health Practitioner and as an Ayurveda Yoga Specialist means that you have the opportunity to learn about yourself from an Ayurvedic perspective, and this will largely inform your yoga practice and open your eyes to new ways achieving balance in all areas of your life.
We are so excited and honored to invite you into a yoga community that thrives on collaboration, support, and a lot of fun!
If you are ready to begin the journey, we are ready to welcome you!
Applicants should have a steady yoga practice and be willing to dedicate time and energy to deepening their personal practice and knowledge of yoga. The Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda 200 Hour YTT is designed to enliven and enrich one’s interest and understanding of asana, the human body, and yoga philosophy, while cultivating the skills to teach, the knowledge to share basic Ayurvedic principles, and how to live a yoga-inspired life off the mat. Not all YTT students choose to become teachers–many are here to deepen their own personal practice. Together we will create a community of learners and teachers who will become your peers and your family! Read on to learn about our program, our faculty, and our gorgeous facility at Dragonfly Yoga, nestled at the foothills of NH’s White Mountain National Forest where you have time to enjoy nature in all four seasons.
If we’ve peaked your interest in this program and you would like to learn more before applying, please fill out our 200 Hour YTT Inquiry Form
Click here to read what our trainees have to say…
“I don’t know that I would have signed up for teacher training had it not been for Katie’s warm, inviting demeanor… If you are looking for a life changing experience in one of the most beautiful places on earth, you have found the right place! ~Tara Griesbach
“I have traveled around the world and rolled my yoga mat out in many spaces , but there is no place that comes close to Dragonfly Yoga. You have created a gem! The DFYB is hands down , no questions asked , no phone a friend, no lifelines needed, my favorite and most inspirational yoga space in the UNIVERSE.” ~Ruthann Horner
I can’t say enough about this YTT. Deepen your practice or train to teach yoga. Katie has created a moving eight month yoga journey that covers philosophy, Ayurveda, asana, and so much more. Katie and Declan organize the training at their beautiful yoga barn so that it is retreat-like, one weekend a month, with delicious food and fun built in all weekend. Seriously, its amazing! ~Jen Morris
“Attending YTT with Katie at Dragonfly was one of the BEST things I have ever done for myself. I went into the program thinking I would learn to teach yoga, it is so much more… Katie’s deep knowledge of Yoga and other related modalities coupled with her years of teaching public high school is a winning combination! She knows how to prepare & deliver program content in ways that are meaningful and digestible. She puts it all into context that is relatable, usable every day both on & off the mat.” ~Susan Gokey
“I would highly recommend the YTT 200 at Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda. The program includes a comprehensive understanding of History and Philosophy, Asana, Pranayama, Anatomy, Meditation, Ayurveda and Subtle Body. Katie and the staff are passionate and informed professionals who inspire and support their students. Upon completion of the program I felt confident in my abilities as a teacher and was soon employed. My love of teaching continues and is a direct result of this training.” ~Maria Hanley
Our Program is registered with Yoga Alliance and offers:
- Develop a deeper awareness of Self and others, with an understanding of the connection between all beings and Nature. This begins with deep personal inquiry and a question about why and how Yoga is the path we have chosen and why we want to share it with others.
- Learn classic asanas and Sanskrit names for the poses.
- We will study principles of alignment, individual alignment based on personal anatomy, the benefits as well as risks and contraindications of certain postures, preparatory asanas, counterposes, modifications and variations, use of props, and both hands-on and hands-off “non-corrective” assists.
- Study of yoga philosophy, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, and history of yoga.
- Study Functional Yoga Anatomy and Physiology as it applies to yoga asana.
- Awareness of subtle energy system, including elements of yogic anatomy.
- Understand the art and science of appropriate sequencing and crafting classes for both vigorous and gentle Vinyasa flow yoga, for different levels of students, creating class intentions and seasonal classes, pacing, use of music, etc.
- The Principles of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Self Care for Yogis, including: Ayurvedic diet, seasonal influences, doshas, daily routines, and more!
- Therapeutics & Special Populations: We will learn awareness for and basic poses, modifications, and contraindications for those with injuries, illness, and pregnancy. This training does not certify you in pre-natal yoga, yoga therapy, or trauma-informed yoga; however, it is important to be aware of all students to the best of our ability when they arrive in our class and know how to support each student when they are practicing in our care.
- Practice basic and intermediate pranayama techniques, discuss how and when to practice various pranayams, as well as benefits and contraindications of each.
- Explore the practice of meditation and develop a personal daily practice. Our training will help demystify meditation, offer teachings on the difference between meditation and mindfulness practices, and to teach you how to bring mindfulness practices into yoga classes and into daily life. For those interested in becoming certified in teaching meditation, we will talk about wonderful resources available for you to continue on that path.
- Become a skilled and confident teacher, as well as find your own voice and style.
- Lifestyle, Ethics, and Yoga off the Mat
- Understand the “business” of yoga: how to market your class offerings, talk about how to operate your own studio/space if you chose, organize workshops, how to teach online, and what it means to register with the Yoga Alliance (or not), obligations to maintain RYT certification, CEU’s, insurance, etc.
TO READ OUR COMPLETE PROGRAM, CLICK HERE: PROGRAM DETAILS DYTT
Certification is dependent upon successful completion of all coursework, including written assignments, attendance at all training weekends, required hours of teaching, observing, and practicing, and personal research project. Certification is not guaranteed, and registration with Yoga Alliance is a personal choice upon graduation.
Residential Training Program: Full Program Fees for 2021: $3,500. Upon acceptance a $500 deposit is due to hold your place in the program (this is a part of your fees and is non-refundable & non-transferable once deposit is made). Payment plans are available! We are here to help!
Cost of the Program includes: 8+ months of YTT with Katie O’Connell, Director, ERYT 500, AHP, and all faculty, 8 weekends of lodging at Dragonfly Yoga Barn, all nourishing vegetarian meals, training manual, complimentary studio classes with Katie during program dates once student is paid in full, and all TT training workshops with amazing faculty and guest instructors to be announced throughout program!
Not included: Registration with Yoga Alliance is not included but recommended upon completion of all requirements, as is insurance for yourself as a Yoga Teacher. Required textbooks can be purchased online and are not included in program fees.
Yoga Insurance: We suggest you enroll in a student insurance plan for teaching yoga during this training so that you can practice teach with confidence both in person and online. Our favorite yoga insurance is BeYogi, and once you are enrolled in YTT, you can learn more or take advantage of excellent student teacher coverage here: BeYogi Insurance. Katie will tell you all about it on our first weekend of YTT!
Our Weekends: Most weekends begin Friday evenings from 6-9 pm, and continue with full Saturdays and Sundays, beginning at 7 am and ending at 7 on Saturdays (select Saturdays end at 9 pm) and 6 on Sundays. We will add in extra days as needed in the event of snow cancellation. *Opening weekend begins Thurs. Oct. 28 and ends at noon on Oct. 31st.
Due to the Planet’s current state of health, we are requiring all YTTs to be fully vaccinated.
Dates of the 2021 Program (subject to change as necessary):
- Oct. 28-31: Module 1 (Arrival Thurs. eve, welcome circle at 6 pm). Class ends at noon on Oct. 31 so we can celebrate Halloween!)
- November will be a month for individual Zoom check-ins, group meeting online, and Heart Based Meditation, and deepening your personal practice.
- Dec. 10-12 (revised from 12/3-5), Module 2
- Jan. 7-9, 2022, Module 3
- Feb. 4-6, Module 4
- Mar. 4-6, Module 5
- April 8-10, Module 6
- May 19-22, Module 7/8
- Please reserve the following weekends for snow/weather date: Mar. 11-13, and April 1-3, 2022.
Our Esteemed Faculty:
Katie O’Connell, E-RYT 500 and Director and owner Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda TT, Ayurveda Health Practitioner, Ayurveda Yoga Specialist, Thai Yoga bodyworker, Reiki II, owner: Dragonfly Yoga Barn Studio & Retreat Center, leader and guest faculty member of 200 and 300 hour trainings since 2011. To read more about Katie or any of our faculty, please visit the instructor’s page here: KATIE’S FULL BIO
Lindsay Mayock PT, DPT, RYT 200 is a Doctor of Physical Therapy at Mountain Center Physical Therapy in Conway, NH. Lindsay has presented anatomy & physiology training in both the 200 and 300 hour YTTs at Dragonfly and will be teaching the Functional Anatomy components of this course. Her specialty is pelvic floor health.
Hannah Hayes PT, DPT, RYT 200 is a Doctor of Physical Therapy at Huggins Hospital, Wolfeboro, NH. Hannah has taught the Functional Anatomy components of this course and is a valued resource as both a yogi and a PT. Hannah is a graduate of the first 200 hour yoga teacher training held at Dragonfly in 2011.
Paul Dugliss: Yoga Philosophy & Heart Based Meditation~ Paul Dugliss, M.D. has been meditating over 40 years and is the leading exponent of Heart-based Meditation. His passion is helping others to transform through developing higher consciousness and the power of love, and he is the author of Think with the Heart / Love with the Mind. Dr. Dugliss is an Internal Medicine physician practicing Ayurvedic Medicine and Ayurvedic Spiritual Counseling. He is the Academic Dean and Director of New World Ayurveda School, leading the movement to create a healthier world by making online Ayurvedic studies accessible to all. Dr. Dugliss is an Acupuncturist and practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine, has been a member of the Board of Directors of NAMA, the National Ayurvedic Medical Association and is currently on the Board of Directors of the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA), and has authored many books including: Ayurveda – The Power to Heal, Enlightened Nutrition, Capturing the Bliss: Ayurveda and the Yoga of Emotions, The Myth of Cholesterol, and Yoga & Ayurveda. Read more about Dr. Dugliss here: BIO or workshops and Ayurveda trainings, visit New World Ayurveda
Girish: Chanting, Mantra, and Music~Celebrated yogi-musician Girish opens new possibilities for transforming your life through song, combining the ancient art of singing mantra with twenty-first century neuroscience research.
For as long as he can remember, Girish has created rhythm to accompany life. His first experience of music as sacred art came in college, playing with jazz bands. “During improvisational sessions,” he recalls, “there were these unexplainable moments of synchronicity and intuition that felt like magic.” This led Girish to an unexpected journey—a seeming detour to live as a monk in an ashram for five years that inadvertently nourished his musical artistry. Here, he studied Sanskrit as a means to understand the deeper meanings of ancient chants, which sparked a life-changing event that led him back to music—and to combining music with Sanskrit chants. Now he shares what he’s learned to help people of all ages, backgrounds, and traditions to transform body, brain, and life through mantra and music.To read more about Girish, click here: Girish Bio
Declan O’Connell, aka Dhadood, vegetarian chef extraordinaire, and accounting, Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda.
Required Texts (subject to change)
- Patanjali in the Light, A New Paradigm for understanding The Yoga Sutras ( Dr. Paul Dugliss)
- Light on Life (B.K.S Iyengar)
- Yoga & Ayurveda, An Evolutionary Approach (Dr. Paul Dugliss)
- The Yamas & Niyamas, (Deborah Adele)
- Teaching Yoga (Mark Stevens)
- The Yoga Toolbox, (Joseph Le Page)
We love books here, and have tons of great ones to share! Together we will create an amazing list of resources!
Optional Suggested Reading:
- Light on Yoga (B.K.S Iyengar)
- The Key Muscles of Yoga (Ray Long)
- The Key Poses of Yoga (Ray Long)
- Meditations from the Mat (Rolf Gates)
- And so many more!
To learn more about our next 200 YTT, get on our mailing list by filling out the inquiry form above.
Please email Katie with questions: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
Much love and many blessings,