In progress now with 15 lucky yogis!!
Mystical Mayan Yoga Retreat
Villa Sumaya Retreat, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala!
October 28th-November 4th, 2017
Join Katie and Declan of Dragonfly Yoga on a mystical yoga adventure in Guatemala’s volcanic highlands at the exquisite Villa Sumaya Retreat nestled in a landlocked bay on the northern shores of beautiful Lago Atitlan! Together we will share a gorgeous week of yoga overlooking the lake, eating sumptuous organic vegetarian meals, sleep in beautiful bungalows, each with a sweeping view of the magnificent volcanoes, and so much more! Yoga classes feature Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Restorative, Yoga Nidra, as well as pranayama and meditation to help you connect to the elements and energy of this wondrous location. So many optional excursions could fill your days with hiking, kayaking, bodywork, visiting local villages via boat taxi, and shopping in the markets… too many excursions to list! Or you can sunbathe on the dock, nap in a hammock, soak in the solar hot tub or steam in the sauna, not to mention relaxing in the healing pool or wandering the lush jungle pathways adorned with beautiful flowers! Check out this Yoga Journal Article on the place we’ll be staying!!
ROOMS: Each room is beautifully furnished and uniquely decorated with authentic Mayan tapestries and handicrafts. All rooms have either a veranda or porch overlooking the lake and volcanoes, so beautiful, you will never want to leave! Rates include three nourishing organic vegetarian meals per day, twice daily yoga classes, and a transformational Mayan Fire Ceremony to close our amazing week together. Guests can add spa treatments, excursions, hiking, kayaking, and so much more!
Katie’s last visit here was for a month in 2006, and the retreat center has grown exponentially in beauty, services, and in its consciousness since then. Local Mayan villagers, farmers, and artists continue to work in tandem with the retreat to provide us with amazing service, food, excursions, and an authentic cultural experience in the heart of the Guatemalan highlands, a semi-tropical environment where the combination of 5,000 foot elevation and the depth of this beautiful lake are a vortex of energy and a contrast of exquisite landscapes. “You will be amazed by the beauty here! I am so excited to lead a retreat after ten years of being away! Guests will love everything about this magical place and its wonderful people!” ~Katie, E-RYT 500, Ayurveda Health Practitioner and Ayurveda Yoga Specialist, Thai Yoga Therapist, Reiki II Practitioner, Director: Dragonfly Yoga Teacher Trainings, and owner Dragonfly Yoga & Ayurveda, Studio & Retreat Center, NH
Room rates are per person. Bring a friend and choose the amazing double rate, or enjoy the room to yourself at the affordable single rate! We cannot guarantee roommates. If you choose a double and we cannot pair you with a suitable roommate, you will pay the single rate. If you have a group of three and would like to book together, please let us know so we can inquire about the possibility of a triple room. Triple rates are the same as doubles.
Your $500 deposit holds your room in this amazing retreat!
After August 15, rates are due in full to hold your spot!
Single Room Rate: $2,360. EMAIL to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Double Room Rate: $2,045. EMAIL to register: email@example.com
INCLUDED in Your Package Rates:
- 7 nights at the exquisite Villa Sumaya Retreat on the shores of Lago Atitlan
- 3 amazing, consciously-prepared vegetarian meals each day, beginning with dinner on arrival day and breakfast on departure day.
- Unlimited tea, filtered drinking water, and the most amazing coffee on Earth!
- Twice daily yoga, meditation, yoga nidra, pranayam classes for all levels
- Exclusive use of yoga space and all props for our group–you don’t need to bring a thing!
- Two excursions, including a transformational group Mayan fire ceremony, and either a Santa Cruz village tour or Chi Chi Market day, based on interest.
On and Around Lake Atitlan, many options and extras are available including:
Boat rides around Lake Atitlan
Hiking the San Pedro Volcano
Climbing El Pico del Cielo
Shopping excursion to Panajachel
Guided village tours to Santiago, San Juan, Santa Catarina, and San Antonio Chichicastenango Market Excursion
- Travel costs to Villa Sumaya (flights from home to Guatemala City, ground taxi and boat ride to retreat: we will help you coordinate these)
- Gratuities: Suggested tip per person to be shared by entire staff are $6-8 per day, approximately $50 per guest for the week, collected at the end of the week in Guatemalan Quetzals (not US dollars). Gratuities for drivers, boat taxis and anyone else you may want to tip are welcome.
- Spending money for Chi Chi markets where you will find pottery, textiles, amazing hammocks, handbags, clothing, tapestries, beaded jewelry… shopping the markets is an amazing experience here!
- Spa Services: $65/hr (treatments include numerous types of massage, facials, foot soaks, Thai bodywork, and more!)
- Numerous excursions from volcano hikes to zip lining to kayaking and more!
- Expect to pay from 4-8% surcharge on credit card purchases. Chi chi market requires cash.
We welcome your inquiries! Please email Katie if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you register for a Dragonfly Retreat, your $500 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable (unless you have permission of the retreat leader to transfer your spot to another guest, and Dragonfly receives a transfer registration form and any necessary transfer fees). While we realize “life happens,” our policies are FIRM, as we only have so many group retreats available, and only so many spots to offer in each retreat. Should a prospective guest need to cancel 60 days or more in advance of retreat start, there is a 50% refund, minus deposit. There are no transfers allowed inside 60 days. Thank you for respecting our policy.
We recommend that you consider purchasing trip insurance in case you need to cancel your trip and/or flights AND for travel / Medical insurance. Travel Guard is one provider of this insurance. Please note that travel insurance may need to be purchased within a limited window of reserving your trip or purchasing airline tickets. Please click for details: Travel Guard Insurance