For the time being, only fully vaccinated students should attend yoga classes and events in person at Dragonfly. We will update this policy as frequently as needed, based on the health of the planet. We have made this choice to protect our community and to maintain our best chance at keeping our doors open for students, retreat guests, and for our own precious family who live here.
Due to the recent pandemic situation/health concerns, we want to make sure that our events do not pose any health risk for those who participate in our gatherings or the community at large.
As our friends at Awakening to the Heart put it: “Our policy is not meant to discriminate, but to eliminate any potential health risks to those who gather. And although we open our sanctuary to others, it is also our home, which we want to keep safe.“
Many other yoga studios and gathering places like our own have adopted a modified set of guidelines for students, concert goers, retreat guests, and yoga teacher trainees, and these continue to shift as the CDC offers guidance.
Please read all the information below carefully,
before you come to any event this season.
With Guidance from The CDC and The State of New Hampshire…
Participants who are fully vaccinated are Invited to gather to practice yoga, retreats, concerts and Kirtan both in and outdoors without masks (you can, of course, wear your mask if you prefer).
For outdoor events, all guests are welcome but should maintain social distancing and wear masks to enter the restroom.
If you have chosen not to vaccinate or are unable to vaccinate at this time, we respect you and appreciate your attending yoga classes online during the pandemic.
We have given this much thought and want to ensure our sanctuary here at Dragonfly will be a healthy and safe environment, so that we can truly enjoy our in-person gatherings for the forseeable future.
COVID PRECAUTIONS & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- For the time being, we are asking all participants who attend in-studio Yoga classes, Kirtan, Yoga Teacher Training, or other events at Dragonfly be fully vaccinated. We have a variety of classes via livestream, and encourage anyone who is uncomfortable in the studio setting to attend one of our online offerings.
- Our studio opens 15 minutes before the start of class. We appreciate that you arrive a minimum of 5-10 minutes prior to class, so we can begin class in a timely manner. Please sanitize your hands upon entry (at the front desk), and check in with Katie or Declan upon arrival.
- We have begun to offer physical adjustments and are sanitizing our hands between students. If you would like to refrain from being adjusted, please let the teacher know.
- We ask you to bring your own props if you have them and/or to bring a facecloth to place over our props when resting your face/head on a cushion or block.
- We are cleaning all touch point surfaces, and washing restrooms between each class.
- Please feel free to wear your mask if it makes you feel more comfortable when you attend classes.
- Please respect other people’s space and boundaries. Ask permission before hugging or touching. It is important to maintain social distancing, unless otherwise invited.
- For RETREATS: Due to the ongoing pandemic, it is our current policy that guests are fully vaccinated prior to attending a retreat at Dragonfly, as we are living together, dining together, practicing together, and sharing spaces–both wide open and cozy. It is also the O’Connell homestead, where we live year-round, and we want to keep it safe for our own family. Each guest must submit a Covid Screening Form electronically prior to arriving at Dragonfly Yoga Barn and take a negative covid test prior to arrival. We thank you for your patience and commitment to keeping our community healthy now and always.
If you can’t agree to these safety guidelines, please refrain from attending.
Regardless of vaccination, PLEASE STAY HOME if you are unwell, or have been around anyone who has felt unwell.
Thank you for respecting our policies during this time.
~Katie, Declan, Family & Staff